St. John’s is a Church of England Primary School situated close to the centre of the small town of Midsomer Norton, which is within the Unitary Authority of Bath & North East Somerset. The School took on academy status in December 2013.
The school, founded in 1721, is proud of its long tradition but is also forward looking. It is situated on a large site with a playing field and Early Years playing facilities to the rear of the building. The school is popular and demand for places is high. There is a thriving Parent’s Association that raises funds to support the school.
This year there are 398 children on roll in 14 classrooms (two per year group). There are 20 teachers including the Headteacher.
The ‘good’ inspection by Ofsted in October 2016 was followed by the Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools in November 2015 . The SIAMS Inspection judged the school to be outstanding in all four areas.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The school had four benefactors and the school continues to remember them today. Four rooms and the pupil house groups are named in their honour.